Sunday morning worship is the central place for learning what it means to live as God’s child and as a Christian in community. Members can participate in a number of ways in the life of KOG worship – as lectors, assisting ministers, ushers, greeters, acolytes and providing children’s message.
Choirs at 8:30 and 11:00 AM worship sing fall through spring. Special anthems are sung throughout year, and our bell choir also performs special music. Members are invited to share their musical talents in solo and group performance, whether its a budding pianist or a large family choir. We are proud to have many families who originally hail from other continents who often share special music from their home country.
Classes, small groups and forums for all ages are held outside of worship to reinforce the connection between faith and daily life.
- Youth Ministries seek to provide an opportunity for children and teens to develop a sense of community within the church.
- High School Group blends an even mix of discussion with games, activities and conventions.
- Junior High Group also participates in a variety of activities with discussion blended in.
- Our younger groups participate in fun activities and seasonal parties.
- Adult Education offers classes, study groups and forums throughout the year. Studies center on Bible content and critical thinking about one’s faith.
- Camps are available for our youth, adults and families – whether it’s a week-long day camp on the church campus or heading to Luther Heights Bible Camp as a camper, camphand, counselor or volunteer. Members also attend themed retreats for women, men and families as well as work weekends in groups or as families.
Preschoolers through 6th grade learn of God’s love through biblical and catechetical studies. A strong emphasis is placed on learning Bible stories from the whole scriptures. Jr. and Senior High School students critically reflect on the Bible and their faith. They are introduced to the historical process through which scriptures developed.
This group welcomes everyone who is retired for monthly social events.
King of Glory’s social ministry provides support during times of need by supplying meals or doing household chores for our families in need. They provide outreach to the community through such projects as food drives and providing clothing, school supplies or personal items such as glasses, hearing aids, children’s books and more.
Childcare is available during services at King of Glory, including special seasonal and midweek worship.
New member classes are offered twice a year; these have 3-4 sessions and introduce potential members to the Lutheran faith and membership at King of Glory. These are for anyone interested in joining the congregation.
Families that worship at King of Glory can participate in a variety of fellowship activities, including social hours, fundraisers, dinner parties, game and movie nights and more.
Ask for our Time and Talents booklet describing the many ministry opportunities at King of Glory.
ALL ARE WELCOME!